If you love Spriting and Pokemon come here! Tutorials, roleplays, we have it ALL! 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bringing Back Gallery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should the Gallery Feature Come Back?
Yes, I want it back!
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
No, there isn't a reason for it.
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
Neutral
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Bringing Back Gallery   Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:27 pm

Remember when we had the gallery feature?
Well, I was thinking about putting that back up.

I took it down since I was the only putting up things, and it didn't match the PokeSpriter theme. I also didn;t think we really needed it since we could all just open up our own sprite shops.

So, would you like to bring this feature back, or go without it?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokespriter.pokemonlegend.org
JMS

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back Gallery   Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:43 pm

I think I mentioned this in another post...

Anyway, here's the gallery's #1 problem: lack of advertising. I took a long while to figure out how to access the gallery, and I didn't know (I could only deduce this now) that we could actually upload our pictures to the gallery. The site is supposed to be a sprite showoff with some tutorials in the mix; a gallery is a welcome addiction to such a site. The other main areas of the forum, General Discussion forums and, most of all, roleplay and fanfictions, would be indifferent to such a section, so I don't see any physical downsides to its existence.

The only true problem is an aesthetic one... I don't suppose you could change either the gallery's theme or the entire site's theme so that they match each other? Well, I can live with non aesthetically pleasing things, so it's not a problem to me (Funny that I'm saying this in an art forum...), but hey, look at the bright side: an ugly gallery might make our beautiful sprites seem even more beautiful!

So up with the gallery! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back Gallery   Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:12 pm

Actually, they gallery (and calendar) are part of a completely boring generic theme, and the person that made this theme just didn't change them. And I don't really feel like changing the entire theme right now, but I might sometime in the new year, possibly even test out a different set-up. I don't know if the gallery would change with the theme, though. But it might if I chnage the lay-out.

You thought the gallery was hard to find? Hm, if I do bring the gallery back I could send out a newsletter (I've fallen WAY behind with these) to everyone that tells about it and where it can be found.

So yeah, the gallery will probably go up sometime in January, if other members think it should. It won't hurt anyone or anything, just a nice addition. I might also alternate the themes around a few times a month next year until I find a nice one, just to test some other things out.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pokespriter.pokemonlegend.org
JMS

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back Gallery   Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:51 am

Admin wrote:
Actually, they gallery (and calendar) are part of a completely boring generic theme, and the person that made this theme just didn't change them. And I don't really feel like changing the entire theme right now, but I might sometime in the new year, possibly even test out a different set-up. I don't know if the gallery would change with the theme, though. But it might if I chnage the lay-out.

If it doesn't, you could always Google a different gallery, or search in the phpBB or Forumotion forums (your hosting service). These usually have a lot of extensions and add-ons, and you could find a customisable gallery.

Admin wrote:
You thought the gallery was hard to find? Hm, if I do bring the gallery back I could send out a newsletter (I've fallen WAY behind with these) to everyone that tells about it and where it can be found.
A Sticky topic would do the job, actually, since it would be accessible both to old members and to new members. The newsletter would actually be nice to call our members back. Everytime I recieve a Pokespriter e-mail (Topic Notifications), I spend some time in here. I wonder what would happen if it were a notification of a new feature... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bringing Back Gallery   

Back to top Go down

Bringing Back Gallery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1